Attend Anywhere service has been launched by NHS Improvement, to ensure patients continue to receive the care they need during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Attend Anywhere is a secure NHS video call service for patients with a pre-arranged appointment only. You can use Attend Anywhere on a PC, Mac or iOS/Android device, using the following browsers:
- Google Chrome (for PC and mobile devices)
- Apple Safari (for Macs and Apple devices)
Attend Anywhere will not work on Internet Explorer.
By offering remote video consultation we are offering greater choice and flexibility in the provision of your care. However, if you are unable to access these online platforms, this will not negatively impact on your ability to access support.
If you have a video consultation appointment
- Five minutes before your appointment time, make sure your equipment is set up and you are ready. You will be prompted to enter your name, date of birth and telephone number and accept the terms and conditions. This information is not stored beyond the length of the video call.
- Once these steps have been followed, click on the ‘Start Call’ button and you will enter the waiting area until your consultation begins. You will see yourself on the video and hear music. The waiting area is private, and you will not see other patients.
- When the consultation is ready to begin, your image will shrink and move to the corner of the screen and you will see your clinician.
- The video call is free (except your internet usage charge) and data is not used whilst you are in the waiting area.
- Attend Anywhere is completely confidential and secure. The calls cannot be accessed by anyone else.
For more information about Attend Anywhere and how to use it, please see the following film or view the patient guide produced by NHS England here
Is it secure?
Video calls are secure, and your privacy is protected. You have your own private video room that only authorised clinicians can enter.
How much internet data will I use?
You don’t use any data while waiting for a clinician to join you.
An Attend Anywhere video call uses a similar amount of data to Skype® or FaceTime®
Can I bring someone with me to my video consultation, eg a family member?
Yes, if this would make you feel better. Please let your clinician know in advance of your request for someone to join you in your video consultation.
I don’t feel confident using digital equipment?
There are some useful resources and websites which provide some simple and effective information and free courses for you to learn digital skills to help stay safe and connected.
What if I need an interpreter?
Please contact your clinician if you require the services of an interpreter.
I have another question which isn’t answered here. Who do I contact?
In the first instance, please get in touch with your clinician, who will be able to reassure you on all aspects of your video consultation.
How do I provide feedback on my video consultation?
We’re gathering feedback on your video consultation experience. This helps us improve the service for users in the future.
Following your video consultation, your therapist or clinician will invite you to fill out a short feedback questionnaire with a few questions on your experience. You can view the questionnaire here:
Have other service users used video consultations?
We’ve received some positive feedback from those using the video consultation service.
This feedback includes:
"I just want to say that my clinician has been brilliant - she's been great at using the platform and talking me through using it. She has also been ready to switch to a phone call when needed, so that's been really helpful."
"Always feel so much lighter after speaking to my clinician, never any problems with sound or picture so makes the video consultation stress free and easy."
"It wasn’t working once, and we did a phone session instead and we had a few technical difficulties at different points (sound not working etc.) but nothing that couldn’t be fixed by restarting. Happy with the experience overall."