The young person must be an Islington resident, between the ages of 17 and 24, and must give their consent to be discussed at the Islington Transitions Meeting.
Presenting at the Islington Transitions Meeting:
We allow twenty minutes per case discussion. This includes ten minutes for the referring clinician to present. It is helpful to include the following:
• Current presenting difficulties
• What the young person wants/is looking for/wants to work on
• What are the network’s concerns
• Psychiatric history – diagnosis, previous assessments/interventions & their outcomes
• Risk, substance use, forensic history
• Family, social, support set-up
• Developmental & personal history
• Education, employment, future plans
There is then ten minutes for all attendees in the meeting to ask questions and discuss which service(s) would be the best options for support for the young person and their family. The discussion is noted and will be shared with you usually the following day.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please do get in touch via email.