The Memory Service provides specialist assessments and treatment for people who have concerns about their memory getting worse. They provide:
- Advice and where appropriate, a diagnosis explaining why someone is experiencing a change in their memory;
- We may be able to offer help to both to the person and their family in dealing with memory problems. We may also be able to offer treatment appropriate to the diagnosis;
- We can advise about accessing services from different organisations such as the NHS, local Council and the voluntary sector;
- We provide a follow-up service to offer you further help if your needs change;
- Any results, advice or treatment given to you will be followed up by a letter to your GP to inform them about thecare that you have received from the Memory Service
How can I be referred?
We accept referrals directly from GPs or via other C&I services. Referrals can be faxed or sent to us using our contact details found at the back of this leaflet. Before proceeding, we will need blood test results, which your GP will be able to arrange, in order to identify any physical conditions that might be causing your memory difficulties.
How to contact us
Islington Memory Service Tel: 020 7561 4218/4430
Camden Memory Service Tel: 020 3317 6584
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
Need to change an appointment? Please telephone the numbers above.
We may send a text to your mobile phone to remind you about your appointment.
If you require help outside these times,call our helpline: 0800 988 2149