☰ Menu
  • Accessibility
  • Contact us

Acute and urgent services

Our Acute Division can provide high quality assessments and care for you if you are experiencing an episode of severe illness and require an intensive period of treatment.

Communications Team

All enquiries from journalists and requests for filming should be directed to the communications team.

Communications Team
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
4th Floor East Wing
St Pancras Hospital
4 St Pancras Way
London NW1 0PE


General information:

Members of the public who want general information should call the switchboard on 020 3317 3500.

Chief Executive backs letter to Boris Johnson about air quality in Camden

Chief Executive Wendy Wallace joined a group of organisations drawn from Camden's health sector located around the Euston Road voicing concerns about the recent Transport for London (TfL) consultation for a proposed Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) on Euston Road.

Young carers

Young carers are those under the age of 18 who provide care to another family member who has a physical illness or disability, mental health problem, sensory disability, learning difficulty or disability, or has a problem with drugs or alcohol.

Carers assessments

What is a carers assessment?

Anyone who considers themselves to be a carer and provides regular care, paid or unpaid is entitled to have a carer's assessment. This is an assessment of their own wellbeing and how caring has affected them.

It does not matter:

  • Whether or not you live with the person you support
  • Whether they are a relative or friend
  • How many hours each week you support them

You are entitled to an assessment of your needs as a carer, even when the person you support refuses to use the services they need.


Carers play an important role in supporting people who use our services. Carers provide both emotional and practical support which can help others to live a more rewarding and independent life. If you provide help or support for a relative, friend of partner who has mental health problems then you are a carer.  C&I is committed in making sure that as a carer:

Service user involvement

C&I  is committed to  involving service users in a meaningful way in the planning, delivery, and organisation of its services. We believe that service users and carers are 'experts by experience'.  It is important to us that the views of service users and carers are valued and acted upon.  It is our wish to create a culture of partnership, participative decision making and collaboration.

We believe that service users should expect:

Education and employment

This is a service which provides specialist employment support for residents of Camden and Islington with mental health conditions.

If you need help to move into training, education or employment then this service will help you.  It  even offers support to those already in work, or who need help remaining in or returning to employment.

Support include:

Help with travel costs

If you are travelling to hospital for NHS treatment under the care of a consultant you may be able to claim a refund. You can make a claim if any of the following conditions apply:

You or your partner receive

  • Income Support / Income related Employment and Support Allowance or
  • income-based Jobseeker’s allowance or
  • The Guarantee Credit of Pension Credit or
  • Working Tax Credit or Child Tax Credit (in certain cases)

You receive a War Disablement Pension and are being treated for your war disability.

Service users

We work towards helping you on your road to recovery. We know this can be a stressful time for you so we have got some information which might assist you during this period.

In this section you can find out about travel costs you are able to claim back, what employment support is available or how to how you can get involved to help us make improvements.


Leave feedback