The Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust’s (C&I) Star of the Year awards are back for 2019! Nominations are now open for you to recognise colleagues, service users, volunteers and carers for the exceptional contribution that they make to the Trust every single day.
The nominations are open until Wednesday 31 July 2019, with the award ceremony taking place at 6pm at Islington Assembly Hall on Wednesday 11 September 2019.
You can nominate your chosen stars here. Alternatively, there are paper copies of the nomination forms located at sites across the Trust.
The awards include 14specific categories that recognise various individuals and teams, as well as the outstanding achievements that have taken place at C&I over the last 12 months.
Award categories include:
• Carer of the Year Award - A carer who has made exceptional and practical contributions to the lives of service users
• Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion Award - A team or individual that has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
• Cultural Pillars Implementation Award - An individual or team who works hard to achieve the Trust’s key priorities by focusing on our Cultural Pillars: We value each other; We are empowered; We keep things simple and We are connected
• *NEW AWARD* Community Partner Award - This award is for any organisation, including statutory, 3rd sector, charity or community groups or individuals, that go above and beyond to help to support our service users and their families. They may not be NHS-related, and can even be commercial, such as a coffee shop or hairdresser, but must offer a service that enhances the lives of the community we serve.
• Leader of the Year Award - A member of staff who has shown a natural ability to lead and support their colleagues, while inspiring others to achieve great things
• Lifetime Achievement Award - An acknowledged role model who has supported or created significant improvements and demonstrated outstanding achievements
• Linda Polan Trophy (Service User Award) - A service user who has made an exceptional and practical contribution to the lives of other service users
• Quality Improvement (QI) Project of the Year Award - A team that has achieved high quality outcomes through the successful implementation of a QI project
• Service Improvement of the Year Award - A team that has demonstrated learning following an event or feedback and implemented necessary changes to improve service delivery
• Staff Recognition by a Service User Award - A member of staff who has helped service users or made a meaningful contribution to service user experience
• Team of the Year Award - A team that has made significant performance achievements in the past 12 months, while facing considerable challenges
• Volunteer of the Year Award - A volunteer who has gone above and beyond to help service users, carers, visitors or staff
If you have any further questions about the awards, please email: StaroftheYear@Candi.nhs.uk