Transforming community mental health care
Our ambitious programme to revolutionise mental health care is underway
We’re changing how we work to help you recover sooner and stay well. We are:
- recruiting more frontline workers to ensure everyone can access the right care at the right time
- creating new multi-agency teams to deliver wraparound care that meets your mental health, physical health and social needs including support with housing, employment and substance use
- making it easier to access care by delivering most services in your local community
- providing treatment much earlier to help you recover sooner and ongoing support to help you manage your condition and stay well
- giving you greater control over your care and using new technology to ensure you don’t need to tell your story over and over
- focusing strongly on prevention and improving mental health and wellbeing in partnership with communities, local government and other agencies.
Transforming mental health care takes time. This new approach will be rolled out in every primary care network over three years in consultation with service users, carers, local communities, health and care partners and others. By 2024, thousands more will receive care and ongoing support.
Download the latest issue of our new 'In the community for the community' newsletter in the top righthand side of this page.
For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions, please click here
Read more about our ambitious plans:
- How we are meeting needs identifield at November's community mental health summit - January 2021
- The latest on our transformation programme - TV interview December 2021
- We are changing the way we plan and deliver care - using DIALOG+ - November 2021
- We gathered your thoughts and feedback at our first Community Mental Health Summit in November 2021
- Five months in and we have built strong foundations - Darren Summers, Deputy CEO of C&I and NCL Lead for the Community Transformation Programme
- New neighbourhood mental health teams start work - July 2021
- Plans underway to build our new community mental health centre at Lowther Road - June 2021
Click here to see videos of people involved in the transformation, explaining what impact it has had on them