Freedom of information requests
The Freedom of information Act 2000 provides any person with the right to obtain information held by the trust, subject to a number of exemptions.
FOI has been introduced with the aim of increasing openness and transparency; however, there are some circumstances when information cannot be disclosed.
FOI does not give individuals access to personal information about themselves or others. People seeking information about themselves would need to make a subject access request under the Data Protection 2018.
As an open and transparent organisation, we are committed to routinely publishing as much information as possible; such information is continually updated. However, if you want information which is not on our website you may ask us in accordance with further provisions of the FOI Act and of the Environmental Information Regulations 2005 (EIR) (see below). You can contact us via email/ post via:
If you remain dissatisfied at the conclusion of any Review you may complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, whose address is:
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Fax: 01625 524 510
Environmental Information Request (EIR)
The Environmental Information Regulations allows you to request environmental information from the Trust.
The information covered can be divided into the following main areas:
- The state of the elements of the environment, such as air, water, soil, land, fauna (including human beings)
- Emissions and discharges, noise, energy, radiation, waste and other such substances
- Measures and activities such as policies, plans, and agreements affecting or likely to affect the state of the elements of the environment
- Reports, cost-benefit and economic analyses
- The state of human health and safety, contamination of the food chain
- Cultural sites and built structures (to the extent they may be affected by the state of the elements of the environment
In order to comply with the FOI Act public sector organisation such as ours have to routinely publish information whenever possible. The Information Commissioner's Office, who is responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with the FOI Act has drawn up what is called a Model Publication Scheme for all public sector organisation which we have formally committed to and decided to adopt. The commissioner has also published a "Definition Document for NHS Organisation" which sets out the minimum expectations.
The list of documents available via this website is constantly changing, therefore if you are looking for information, we recommend that you initially use the search facility on the website.
This section of the website contains information we have made available in response to requests considered under the Freedom of Information Act or Environmental Information Regulations from April 2013 onwards. These will be published periodically.
Please note that redactions are carried out on disclosure letters in order to protect the identity of individuals.
- Disclosure log February 2015
- Disclosure log January 2015
- Disclosure log December 2014
- Disclosure log March 2015
- Disclosure log November 2014