Working for us
The Trust uses the NHS Jobs website to advertise vacancies.
Benefits of working for the trust
The Trust aims to be a first rate employer that values staff and is committed to Equal Opportunities. We have a number of policies and benefits to help staff maximise their professional development and to balance work and home responsibilities.
Lifelong Learning Organisation
The Trust is committed to Investors in People standards around staff training and development. Every individual has the opportunity to undertake education and training and engage in work-based learning throughout their career. All employees have access to a minimum of 3 days formal training each year including Health & Safety.
Family Friendly Policies & Flexible Working
In recognition of employees diverse ethnic and social backgrounds and that staff have a variety of different commitments outside of work, which are also an important part of their lives, the Trust is working towards a flexible working environment through exemplary employment practices. Various initiatives have already been developed to help staff balance their work and home life commitments and the following details some of the initiatives which may be available in your department:
- Job-sharing, temporary or permanent part-time working, term-time working, flexitime and time off in lieu schemes
- Generous maternity pay and scheme, complimented by discounted nursery places and subsidised out of school playschemes within the local area, plus free and confidential advice and information services from the Oasis service
- Substantial provisions for paid and unpaid leave, including paternity leave, adoption/fostering leave, parental leave, carers leave, leave for visiting relatives abroad, leave for religious/cultural observance, disability leave, study leave, leave for urgent domestic matters, time off for public and trade union duties
Further Details are outlined below. A full range of the various employment policies, practices and initiatives regarding flexible working can be obtained from the Human Resources Department, who are committed to the continuous development of new initiatives to ensure flexibility and excellent employment practices.
The NHS pension scheme is recognised as one of the best in the country. It is a non-profit contributory scheme. It has an excellent range of benefits and is transferable to other public sector organisations.
Health at Work
Our Occupational Health Department is available to all staff for advice about their health at work:
- Oasis can offer you free confidential counselling and advice, on work related and personal problems
- Extensive Health & Safety training is provided, including Fire, CPR, Violence Awareness and Patient Handling
- Use of the physiotherapy service is available to staff as appropriate
Sport & Leisure Facilities
A wide range of sports and leisure facilities are available at discount rates to C&I staff, as well as membership of the NHS Staff Discount Scheme.
- Interest-free loans for annual season tickets and travel cards are available
- Interest-free loans are also available for the purchase of bicycles
- Bicycle mileage allowance for use on Trust business
The Trusts wish to encourage a greater usage of bicycles by employees carrying out their duties.
Volunteers are needed across the Trust
If you would like to know more or know someone who would be interested, you can have a chat to Sandra McGhee on 0203 317 3500 or drop her an email on email@example.com.