Sign up to Safety
C&I are committed to continually making our services safer, and as such are pleased to have signed up to the NHS England Sign Up to Safety Campaign.
What is Sign Up to Safety?
Sign Up to Safety is a national patient safety campaign. It is part of a number of national initiatives, through which NHS England aims to reduce avoidable harm by 50%. Individuals and organisations can sign up to safety. By signing up, C&I have made five commitments: The five Sign up to Safety commitments are:
- Put safety first. Commit to reducing avoidable harm in the NHS by half and make public the goals and plans developed locally.
- Continually learn. Be more resilient to risks as an organisation, by acting on the feedback from patients and by constantly measuring and monitoring how safe services are.
- Be Honest. Be transparent with people about progress to tackle patient safety issues and support staff to be candid with patients and their families if something goes wrong.
- Collaborate. Take a leading role in supporting local collaborative learning, so that improvements are made across all of the local services that patients use.
- Be Supportive. Help people understand why things go wrong and how to put them right. Give staff the time and support to improve and celebrate progress.
This document is the C&I Sign Up to Safety Safely Improvement Plan. It contains the detailed pledges and action plans showing how C&I is working to achieve the pledges we have made to contribute toward making the NHS the safest healthcare system in the world. The document is available to all C&I stakeholders, and published on our website.
The action plan is refreshed every quarter with up to date progress. The document gives the full action plan table, followed by “driver diagrams” showing the steps to achieving three key safety priorities.
The first identified priorities are:
- Learning lessons from serious incidents
- Reducing falls
- Reducing non-clinical bed moves.